Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I was left to live in public and animal

Customer Question

I was left to live in public and animal excrement and all types of other waste that flooded my kitchen in June 2015. I contacted the Housing Association and they left me in disrepair with no contact until October 2015. Only due to the Disabled Association in my Borough who contacted them and an elected representative, did I get them to take responsibility. I am going through the complaints process which they made very difficult and cancelled my final stage three hearing without my knowledge. I have another final stage meeting this week and should they not agree to an out of court settlement of rent refund for 21weeks or 46 weeks including damage to appliances destroyed, breach of their procedures and legislation, I am only able to take court action on my own to claim compensation and damages. Despite being disabled with constant medical appointments I need to know how do I go through the court process alone?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi, Joshua,. I was left to live in public and animal excrement and all types of other waste that flooded my kitchen in June 2015. I contacted the Housing Association and they left me in disrepair with no contact until October 2015. Only due to the Disabled Association in my Borough who contacted them and an elected representative, did I get them to take responsibility. I am going through the complaints process which they made very difficult and cancelled my final stage three hearing without my knowledge. I have another final stage meeting this week and should they not agree to an out of court settlement of rent refund for 21weeks or 46 weeks including damage to appliances destroyed, breach of their procedures and legislation, I am only able to take court action on my own to claim compensation and damages. Despite being disabled with constant medical appointments I need to know how do I go through the court process alone?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 7 months ago.
How much do you value your claim?