Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

There I live on a shared access road, there are two other

Customer Question

Hi there I live on a shared access road, there are two other properties on the shared access road, at the end of the road someone has submittedvplans to build 2 more properties, the road is single width, we bought the property because there were only 2 other houses off this road, we have had a letter sent advising we need to submit objections within 21 days, what would be the best way of objecting to this new development, I have heard that a maximum no of 4 houses can be built off a shared access road but don't know if this is true or not or where to find this
Regards Chris
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 6 months ago.
Please confirm that this shared access road is not adopted by the local authority and that you will each own the part in front of your house.Where did you get the advice that the maximum number of houses that can be built off such a road is 4?Is the person that submitted the plans someone who already has access over this shared road? Are they in effect selling off part of their land to facilitate this?Thanks