Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

This I imagine is an unusual question, I bought a riverside

Customer Question

This I imagine is an unusual question, I bought a riverside property, that had been registered with the land registry, after adverse possession being granted to the previous owners. If Riparian rights are relevant, would that come with the original purchase of the property in 1975 or with the granting of adverse possession. My deeds do not say anything about them, but understand that these rights are not normally mentioned. Thank you,
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.
1. Can you better explain the situation. Who purchased the property in 1975? Who got adverse possession and when? And of what land(s)? Were there different pieces of land involved? Which piece of land adjoined the river?