Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

I feel my letting agency have mismanaged a fully managed let,

Customer Question

I feel my letting agency have mismanaged a fully managed let, resulting in damage to the property and a disputed deposit. When the dispute went to adjudication, the agency did not consult me over evidence submitted, and submitted inadequate and misleading evidence. This resulted in the adjudicator awarding the tenants most of the deposit on the basis of flawed reasoning, partially based on the agency's flawed submission. As a result, the let that the agency was paid 10% of the rent to manage has ended up costing me a considerable amount of money. I was wondering what recourse I have in law.
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Property Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.I need some more information from you please.What kind of loss have you suffered? Rent? Damage? Something else?Approximately how much you estimate you have lost and are you able to quantify that?Please bear with me today and over the weekend because I will be online and off-line spasmodically and therefore, I may not get back to you immediately.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. Good afternoon. Can I assist you any further with this or have you now resolve the issue?