Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Yeah can you give me some advise regarding shared downpipe

Customer Question

Yeah hi Pearl, can you give me some advise regarding shared downpipe dispute with new neighbour?
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No!
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Okay.We have been owners since2002.Within the last 6 months we have ha d new neighbours,who have been giving us grief overing a shared downpipe on the rear to the properties.We have an exertion in situ which was already in place before we moved in.The downpipe runs along the roof and the back wall.The male next door has threatened to rip ii t down as he says its in his garden.i
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Property Lawyer should know?
Customer: The downpipe sits on the other side of our fence but this was in place already
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have moved the downpipe so all rainwater runs via ours to shut the idiot up! Can i put a block in the guttering so that any rainwater foro our roofs will not run his guttering?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 8 months ago.

Where would the block be?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Block to be fitted at the top of the down pipe where guttering is at the mid point.

on your land or theres?