Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My name is ***** *****. my question relates to AP1 and TR1

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** *****. my question relates to AP1 and TR1 forms with Land Registry.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A head lease was transferred from SOS Ltd to me in a property sale. The AP1 form says the value is £200,000. The TR1 form says it is not for money or monies worth. What does this mean?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

Could you confirm if you paid anything for the property?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the sublease (short lease) was acquired for £940k and the head lease was acquired by the vendor from SOS Ltd for £250k and then assigned to me. So the vendor paid for the freehold enfranchisement on my behalf.but the AP1 states the head lease was sold for a value of £200k (not the 250k) but the TR1 states it was 'not for money or monies worth'. The AP1 also states that the freehold was sold by SOS Ltd to a company Damond Investments (who are not mentioned in the contract). I am concerned the paperwork has been completed correctly but can't get a straight answer from the conveyance firm who did the sales conveyancing for me. Can you advise.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 months ago.

I see that the previous expert hasopted out. I will try to help you.

This certainly looks most odd

When you say the you can’tget a straight answer from the conveyancing team, are they solicitors?

Have you actually ask them specificunambiguous straightforward questions.

Can you give me an example of what you’veasked, and what their reply is?

As much background detail as possibleis really useful please. Thank you

Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. Can I assist you any further with this?