Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years exeperience
13262538

I bought a house daughter but we put her and her husbands

Customer Question

I bought a house for my daughter but we put her and her husbands name on the deed. The husband is happy to aign something to confirm that he has no intention of claiming any financial benefit from the property. is there a form of wording that covers this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We need a document for him to sign saying that he will not make any claim for any share of the property.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

There are two options

Since they are married they will need to have a Post Nuptial Agreement drawn up which confirms he will not make any claim on the property within a divorce.

Alternatively they could both sign a Declaration of Trust confirming that they hold the property on Trust for you leaving control within your hands

Please ask if you need further details

C;are

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have you a template for the Post nuptial agreement (they haven been married 13 years) or a Declaration of Trust whereby he passes all ownership to my daughter - I don't want anything back only to ensure the property is hers.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

A post nuptial agreement MUST be drafted by a Solicitor if you wish it to be effective

A Declaration of Trust would not be a protection in the event of a divorce