Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
12609314

I am trying to find out who owns the lease on my flat I

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to find out who owns the lease on my flat I think my landlord is subletting illegally
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: No I haven't contacted a lawyer yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Property Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have found the flat on airbnb for weekends when I am not staying there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Which I think is illegal
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 9 months ago.

You can obtain copies of the title documents to the property, both the freehold and any leasehold title(s) from the Land Registry.

It may be easier to get a local conveyancing solicitor to do this for you as they usually have an account with the Land Registry and can do so quickly and at a reasonably modest fee.

I hope this helps if there are any further points, please reply, I will be happy to respond

Best wishes

Michael