Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have a short hold tenancy agreement. My tenants vacated

Customer Question

I have a short hold tenancy agreement. My tenants vacated the property after 4 months owing 2 months rent and the associated council tax.
They were unhappy on a number of fronts and are taking me to court to retrieve their removal expenses, new tenancy agreements and deposit on their new property. I want to know what my position is in respect of the unpaid rent and the binding of the tenancy agreement.
Their concerns are due to a faulty underfloor heating system and an over exaggeration of minor issues within the property, for example the appearance of a patch of damp on a porch step. They claimed I never intended to fix the problems they identified and I had instructed workmen to do the minimum. ( all of course I dispute)
There is a wood burning stove which provides good heating and they were offered heaters whilst the system was attended to by a specialist engineer.
They claimed that I was not helpful despite them having direct person contact with my specialist heating engineer.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Have you filed a defence and counterclaim?