wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a property solicitor specialising in English Property Law, mines and minerals, sporting rights and rural property.
22732369

I own an entitlement to a field which is split between 7

Customer Question

I own an entitlement to a field which is split between 7 people.
I understand there is a statutory limit of 4 legal owners of a piece of land.I understand the 4 act as trustees for all 7 people
We have recently been given advice there has been a change in the law that all 7 people can become legal owners on the deeds at land registry via an "electronic form".is this correct?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am a property lawyer - I had not heard of any such change in the rules and having checked, I can confirm that there has not been a change. Accordingly, the maximum number of people who can be registered as proprietors with Land Registry is still four, but in your case you are correct in that those four will act as trustees for all 7. Best,WB.