How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 32826
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If two tenants A and enter into a short term contract with a

Customer Question

If two tenants A and B enter into a short term contract with a landlord, A pays all the deposit, after a few months A wants to end the tenancy but B does not want to end it and does not want to enter into a new contract, can A leave the contract and get the deposit back from the Government run 'safe deposit'
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Has the contract come to its natural end?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Neither of them should leave the tenancy until the end of the term of the contract. At the end of the tenancy there is no obligation on A to stay. At that time as long as there is no problems with the tenancy A would both be entitled to their money back. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

I hope this helps. Please rate positive.


Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 months ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Related UK Property Law Questions