Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Why are you charging me in dollars if my property and I, we

Customer Question

Why are you charging me in dollars if my property and I , we are both in the uk?
Last June i bought a property with a shop underneath that has a fire exit at the back into a small road and a coach house facing the road.
People are dumping rubbish in the small road and I called the council to remove it. They told me they do not own the bit of road and this morning again I call the enforcement team that confirm that is the case, after they checked with the land register. There are 4/5 properties facing the bit of road. So how can I register my interest on the land ? what should i do? thanks
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

You will need to check either with your conveyancing solicitor or the Land Registry as to the ownership of this piece of land. It should have come up as an enquiry when you purchased the property. It may be that the land is unadopted and thus owned by someone else. Happy to discuss but please rate positive. Thanks

I hope that this helps. Please remember to rate positive - thanks