Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

After i had paid my deposit and signed the tenentcy

Customer Question

after i had paid my deposit and signed the tenentcy agreement i was told it was a shared pay as you go electric meter, the meter is in the cellar of my ground floor flat and i have the top up key, i have only been there a week and i have put £90 in and the person who lives above me so far has reluctantly given me £10, i have had to borrow money from my cousin because i am on benefits plus no way should cost so much for a week, the tenant who lived there previously owed quite a lot of money as he had tampered with the meter and i feel like i am paying his debt, my landlord says its up to me to sort fair top ups with the tenant above but he has no money,i feel trapped because i have nowhere else to go.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

does the tenancy agreement say it is shared?