Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am interested in buying the head lease of my property. The

Customer Question

I am interested in buying the head lease of my property. The lease has about 120 years left and the difference between the head lease and the under lease is only a few days. How much can I expect to pay?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I would advise you to speak to an auctioneer and valuer about valuing the headlease. A lawyer can tell you what the law is in relation to a particular problem, but they cannot put a value on a leasehold interest, as this requires a viewing of the property and an assessment of what headlease will fetch in that particular area. This is not an issue which lawyers can give you a valuation upon. Especially, as the valuations of leases and headleases vary enormously across the country and lawyers are not trained in valuing property.