Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have sold my ex local authority flat at end July and sale

Customer Question

Hi I have sold my ex local authority flat at end July and sale due to complete on 20th November. Now I find out that I did not get the lease amended when putting in replacement windows 8 years' ago - seems a bit late in the day to find this out!
What do you suggest for getting the sale to go through on time?
There is a £300 cost to amend lease with the council - could this money be held back from sale and amendment made post sale??
Brgds
Lesley
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

The seller will want this issue to be resolve pre-sale because the LA will need to give their permission to rectify this defect - it is normally straight forward and would be easily rectified at the time of exchange or completion as long as they provide consent in writing. It is not necessarily something which would stop the sale - it is easy to resolve (with their consent) for the conveyancing solicitor. Happy to discuss - please rate positive.

I hope this helps. Please rate positive