Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

In an ex council house which side of your property regarding

Customer Question

in an ex council house which side of your property regarding walls and fences is your responsible for
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your enquiry.

I am afraid there is no set rule as to which boundaries you are responsible for maintaining. However, when the Council first sold the property to the ex-Tenant, it will stipulate in the Transfer document which boundaries the owner is responsible for maintaining. (On the Plan within the Transfer, there will be one or more inward "T" marks and these indicate which boundaries you are responsible for maintaining).

You therefore need to look at this Transfer document and it will indicate your responsibilities. If you are not in receipt of a copy, you can obtain one from the Land Registry.

I hope this assists you.

Kind Regards

Al