Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years exeperience
13262538

Clare - I need a little more advice, suddenly out of the

Customer Question

Hi Clare - I need a little more advice, suddenly out of the blue, my ex wife wishes to lower the sale price of a house we both have conduct of selling. However, I am not in agreement, would she need to go back to court to get this enforced? Also, is there a chance if I don't agree, I will be asked to pay her costs for requesting the court to action this?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

HI

How long has the house been on the market and how much does she wish to reduce the price to - and why do you not agree?

Clare

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house been on the market since February, and we had two offers for around £175k. She rejected both offers, one was a cash buyer. At that time, I was keen to sell as I was paying the mortgage. Now I have tenants, I can hold out for a higher price. The property was valued at £185k, and prior to getting your advice before in regards ***** ***** a new case against her dad who claimed £10k more than the evidence stated in the original case. Therefore, by going too low, it would mean, I would gain nothing from the house. I am still liable (alone) for CGT on this house. So hence, I would like to get a higher price to cover some of my debt.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HI
Do the estate agents believe that the sale price is achievable?
Clare