How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 32914
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have had renovation work done on our property and have

Customer Question

We have had renovation work done on our property and have sacked the builder. Much of the work will need to be redone. We have requested invoices for advance payments and a copy of his insurance as we don't know what damage exists below the surface. Can we take legal action against him to retrieve our money to pay towards the work to solve the problems.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can. You will need to obtain a surveyors report setting out in the detail the failures and defects with the work - how much it will cost to make good and then you can look to bring a claim in the county court to put you back in the place you would have been subject to the failure of this builder.

Happy to discuss

Please rate positively

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What is the county court in France since the builder lives in another department although same region.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

You will have to check that with the local council for that information.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Please rate positively - thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to make it clear. This is a property in FRANCE. My husband us a surveyor and we know sxactly what the problems are. I know we would have comeback in UK but what is situation in France ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As per my original question!

Related UK Property Law Questions