Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

We are a property management company and we have sold our lettings

Customer Question

We are a property management company and we have sold our lettings portfolio to another letting agent. My question is .
All the current tenants have a tenancy agreement in place with us, will they need new tenancy agreements with the new owners. Sorry I should have said its just the property portfolio that has been sold to the agency not the company.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
It will all rather depend on the terms of your agreement with the tenants - there is normally in such contract (you will have to check) that you can transfer the rights which you hold to a third party. You will need to check this - you will also normally need to give notice to the tenants.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply. The AST that the tenants have dose not mention any thing about transferring to a third party. I assume provided that we give them enough notice it should be ok ?

Well there will need to be some document between you and new business confirming the transfer of 'assets' and then to the tenants