Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I attended my property Gas Inspection today and found

Customer Question

I attended my property for a Gas Inspection today and found my tenant has allowed the property to deteriorate and is in an unclean and unacceptable condition. She had arranged for a 'cousin' to let us in as she was at work. She was also was abroad recently for a long period without notifying me, which I only found out by accident and the insurance was affected for 24 hours until I found out she was back, as she had not contacted me for the gas inspection to be done as asked. I am also getting requests for information from the Council Tax office as they seem to think she has not been the tenant at the premises since 2009. Her rent is paid up to date, having been one month in arrears for a while, but was paid off over a few months by agreement. From the start of the tenancy in August 2008 this has always been paid via her 'sister's' bank a/c as she does not have one. There is also past history of negligence. As things are not 'adding up' recently, I think I need to take some action.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember rate once you get my answer.
What type of tenancy does she have?