How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1723
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Myself and my siblings have inherited my mums house as she

Customer Question

Myself and my siblings have inherited my mums house as she has passed away. Mum left the house to us in her will. Dad is still on the land registry and owns half of the house. Mum and dad divorced a number of years ago but they didn't settle the house so it remained jointly theirs. Dad wants to gift his half to us however his accountant has mentioned that there may be capitol gains tax on the property as he owns a house that he doesn't live in. However as he hasn't personally proffited from the house, will the capital gains still stand. If so what percentage? Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and what rate of tax does your father pay?
How much was the property worth when he left?

Related UK Property Law Questions