Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

A client of mine rents out two flats and the top floor

Customer Question

A client of mine rents out two flats and the top floor recently had a leak which damaged furniture in the lower flat. The tenants are claiming that the landlord must pay for new dining table. Is this correct?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide me a bit more information? Is this in the U.S. or in the U.K.? Also, what caused the leak....just a pipe breaking or due to some negligence of the upstairs tenant? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is in the UK. The leak was caused by a washing machine outlet blocking and overflowing in the upstairs flat.
Thanks for responding. I'm in the U.S. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care. I will notify the moderator to re-categorize your question under UK law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's appalling! Why doesn't the. Site make it clear? I want a refund of money charged!
The moderator will move this to UK for you. :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need an answer sooner than 'within 24 hours' that is why I'm using you!