Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years exeperience
13262538

I am in the middle of a divorce and my husband is looking to

Customer Question

I am in the middle of a divorce and my husband is looking to remorgage the house which is in his name eonly
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you said that the answer in 7 minutes, I am totally confused how to work your response
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
What other assets are there and how far have the financial negotiations reached?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth £340-360000 and the outstanding mortgage is 175--180000.We have been married for three years but the bought the house in October 2007 with his name but we both own the property and I have a trust deed. I am the one whom put in the deposit and he says he will give me back the deposit and keep the house.We have not started on the financial negotiation as he has refused even to sign the divorce papers from last year February saying he is waiting for the home office papers to be approved next year as he suppose to renew his home office papers. I have one dependant from my previous marriage from my deceased husband who is 14 years old. We do not have any children together.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
How much was the deposit?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£11000 was the down payment but I also incurred other expenses. I am the one who did the house hunt and until the last day when mu husband came to sign the documents.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cost of the house was £224000 and it was 5% deposit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£11200
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been married for 3.5 years but we were leaving at mine all this time while he rented the property.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
My apologies for the delay.
The first step that you need to take is to register your Matrimonial Home Rights with the Land Registry
The form that you need is here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/352448/HR1.pdf
This will protect you until the Decree Absolute by which time you should have had a chance to deal with the Financial issues
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare