Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If a property (jointly owned) is being told following the

Customer Question

THIS IS A UK QUESTION AND IS IN RELATION TO HMRC AND CAPITAL GAINS TAX.

If a property (jointly owned) is being told following the bankruptcy of one of the owners, and being sold privately (obviously with the agreement of the IP) can you let me know how capital gains tax would work? the property has been in ownership 20 years, and some of those years a room was used as an office, possibly 100%, I genuinely have no reliable memory of that, but if it was 100% it would have been for the odd year within the 20 year ownership, and subsequently less than 100%. Is this something that the IP will deal with, or is it something that will only arise once the post sale annual tax return is submitted ?

Category: UK Property Law