How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1729
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a council tenant and have

Customer Question

I am a council tenant and have a private owned house next door whose tenants cook which have to but the smells are being sent into my house invadeing my privacy rights to enjoy this property I have lived in for 36 years have complained to landlord over the last 3 years and so far he has done nothing to replace the extractor fan concerned my whole house smells revolting my council whose house I live in say they cannot help as its domestic hjave you any advice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.
May I ask which department you have contacted at the council please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wrote direct to council leader and the housing dept with all revavant copies of what is happening in March and today had a response from environment dept saying they could not help where else can I go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. Unfortunately I do not offer phone calls. I velieve some of my colleagues do. Would you prefer that I opt out in favour of one of my colleagues who may be prepared to offer a phone discussion instead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No just cancel all corespondance I will find another way to carry on you may not be able to help any way nobody seems to want to please do not take any more money. But thankyou anyway H.Vincent
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Sorry I was not able to assist you this time. As a general pointer, there may be grounds for a statutory nuisance under the Environmental Protection Act which you could press with the council or you could consider a claim for proivate nuisance using the county court.