How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1719
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Joshua. Just a quick question. I have a fixed tenancy

Customer Question

Hi Joshua. Just a quick question. I have a fixed tenancy agreement. To make the Story short. Signed the Contract last year September for 12 month . Paid rent in advance and deposit which is protected Btw. Due to family issues we need to move out. In January I have spoken to the landlords asked him if is okay if we are moving out earlier he said is fine. Than I was thinking that verbal agreement is not the best way so sent him a text message in February regarding moving out in June instead of September .he replied back saying that is fine. Now is May trying to move to a smaller flat but I can not as he is not willing to provide me a reference unless I am paying him £900. What's going to happen now with the secured deposit? Don't get me wrong. don't want to.keep that money if does not belongs to me. Happy to.Give That to.the landlord if that's the case and I said that to him but he said he can.not wait for security deposit and I need to pay him in cash Asap otherwise no reference.. Please advise

Please can I get an aswer?

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Property Law

Related UK Property Law Questions