Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

Hi i have an assured shorthold tenancy, but I found out that

Hi i have an assured shorthold tenancy, but I found out that my agent gave the house keys to maintenance workers,
I am living now in a hause fitted of mold and the only answare that i receved is a smoll cinese dehumidifier but the mold does not go away. What can i do? My wife and my children are allergic. Help Please
Submitted: 1 year ago via Tenancy Agreement Service.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to help you with this today. Please bear with me if I ask for more information.

Is this affecting your health?

How?

Allergic to what?

Have they seen a doctor about that?

If not why not?

What did the inspector say?

Was he from council environmental health dept?

When was that?

What have maintenance workers got to do with this?

How long have you lived there?

can we have as much background detail as possible please?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this affecting your health?

I think so, but if I avoid getting sick is not 'better

How?

since we entered this apartment we always cough dry nose and eyes burn very

Allergic to what?

I do not know all of the known allergies but there are pennicilline and derived from spores, and if 'we need to do specific tests

Have they seen a doctor about that?

no

If not why not?

we have an appointment for 22/11

What did the inspector say?

something like condensation

no he is sended by Brent Civic Center
for a request "Disrepair"

When was that?

5th November 2013

sorry, i do not understand the question

How long have you lived there?

from the 15th September 2013

ask me all you need.

I have photographs of the situation than 7 days ago and those of today if you want I can send them to you (if you tell me where) so you can see how the mold gets worse with each passing day.
The agent refuses to intervene, the only thing that gives me is to replace the fan in the bathroom that is broken, but I have the mold in every room, in furniture, luggage ...

Regards

Mario Izzo

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
I do not know what Brent Civic Centre is but whatever it is, this should be referred to the Environmental Health Department at the Council.

You will have a better idea whether this is causing the problems that you have after you have seen the doctor and if the doctor says that this is causing your health problems and he will sign a letter to that effect, you can show it to your landlord and telling him that you have no alternative but to terminate the tenancy because the building is not habitable and he must get it resolved.

You said that you found out that you the or agent gave the house keys to maintenance workers in your initial question, but that is all. You do not say why or ask any question about it.

You might want to see a solicitor who deal specifically with landlord and tenant matters, and in particular housing disrepair because you may be able to get legal aid to pay for the legal costs. Not many solicitors do it any more, so you may need to ring a few.

We are not able to deal with this for you or come and inspect the property or arrange to inspect the property, that is something that you must do yourself.

We can only answer the legal questions

Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points you may wish to raise?
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience: PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok but i unable to find address or web site lint for Environmental Health Department at the Council for my region (i live in Webley, Brent)

Can you tell me some specialized Solicitors name?

Thank you very much.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.