Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Can I take pictures inside a store?

Can I take pictures inside a store?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the purpose of taking these pictures?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. The purpose is for market research purpose.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you please reply?

Sorry I was offline by the time you had replied. It is legal to take photos in a store but ideally you need the owner's permission because you will be on their private property and they can refuse to allow you to take photos on their premises. If you take photos without their permission and they found out about it and objected to it, then they can ask you to handover or destroy the photos and they could also ban you from their premises in the future. It s however unlikely any further legal action would follow.