Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

Due to tall trees to the south of our new house, my only choice

Due to tall trees to the south of our new house, my only choice for locating a satellite dish is at the end of our garden, either on a tree, or pole, 2m up, overlooking neighbours property- can they object or have the dish removed?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Will the dish hang over their property or will it just be visible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it will not overhang, it will be inside my boundary, and will only really be visible from their garden, not directly from their house

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

If the trees are evergreen, you can actually make them cut them
down to 2 m under the nuisance tree legislation. Let me know if they are
evergreen and I will expand.

This will probablyneed planning permission if the neighbour objects if it
is over 2 m high. There is no reason why it should need to be over 2 m provided
the dish can see the satellite.

What you could do is put it as high as you liked and if the
neighbour objects or the planning authorities come around, lower the dish to 2
m

It is usually over 2 m purely to get it out of harm's way.

Does that answer the question? Can I help any
further?

If you have not done already, please don't forget to positively
rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You should
now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service formally.

If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.

It doesn't give me, "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my
livelihood!

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask.

The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions
after rating my answer service.

Rating doesn't close the enquiry at
all even though the site may give that impression. It remains open for you to
read and ask for further clarification.

Regards.

PS Experts on here are online and off-line all day each day and
weekends so please bear with me if I do not get back to you immediately.

PS. I use voice type, voice recognition typing because I only
type with two fingers and it would take me ages. Sometimes, a computer does not
hear me correctly and you will get an incoherent word. I do try to but
sometimes they slip through. I apologise therefore if anything doesn't make sense.
It is me losing it, not you. Just ask if anything is not clear.

Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience: PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, so 2m or under, no planning normally required- I will keep it to 2m if at all possible