Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am trying to confirm the legitimacy of a lawyer named Ramune

I am trying to confirm the legitimacy of a lawyer named Ramune A Mikstaite at New Square Chambers,XXXXXTemple, London, EC4Y 7bh
Hi

Does he purport to be a solicitor or a barrister?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

A barrister licensed to practice in the UK would normally be registered in the Bar Directory. This is confirmed here:-
http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/about-the-bar/find-a-barrister/bar-directory/
The Bar Directory page is here:-
http://www.legalhub.co.uk/legal hub/app/init/signon?redirect=%252Flegalhub%252Fapp%252Fmain%253Frs%253DBOL1.0%2526vr%253D1.0%2526ndd%253D2%2526bctocguid%253DIde6206400caa11d9b720e55d2b60bfda%2526ststate%253DS%2526ao%253Do.Id6e745f002c711db85b9d734e660a063&vr=1.0&wluk-usertype=&wluk-usertype=&rs=BOL1.0

As you will see for yourself, the person you have mentioned is not held on their records. Basically, if they are saying that they are a UK barrister then they should show up on the search. If they are not on there then they are almost certainly not a barrister in the UK.

Personally, at this point I would cease contact with the person that you have been speaking with since this appears to be a form of deception.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom