Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

Is it legal for my landlords agent to take photos of my home

Is it legal for my landlords agent to take photos of my home without asking me first? The photos where then published in the inspection report a copy of which I assume goes to the landlord. The main issue for me is all my daughters possessions are clearly visible in all photos. My wife and I feel violated to say the least.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.

Are the photos just of furniture or people as well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Personal possessions only. Furniture, items of clothing, my daughters toys, tv hi-fi etc. My main concern is they didn't ask if it was ok to take the pictures in the first place. Another quick one, do I have a right to refuse entry to the property if its not convenient? It says in my lease the landlord has a right of entry even if I am not present for inspection.

They will be allowed to take photos of items in your house I am afraid. As to the second question, the landlord will if he gives notice (normally 24 hours) be allowed into the house to inspect whether you are there or not. This is permitted in the lease