Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My elderly sister can no longer manage in her house in SW Ayrshire

My elderly sister can no longer manage in her house in SW Ayrshire in
Scotland. She will be coming to live with me in England before the winter. She is worried about how to go about selling her property ASAP for the best price and has no idea where to start. She does own the property outright. Ideally she needs a solicitor/estate agent who can handle everything for her. A traditional detached house with dormer windows, with a large garden,the property is about 3 miles inland of Ballantrae. It has stunning uninterrupted views over the Glen, but it does not have central heating as such. Is there anyone that you could recommend who could help?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

An estate agent or solicitor can manage the whole process of selling your property, from valuations, to marketing, negotiating the sale price, and the financial and legal processes.

They will also provide professional advice on issues such as appropriate asking price, what type of buyer is likely to be interested in the property, and whether there is anything you can do to increase the chance of a sale. If a property is not selling, they can tell you if there are any particular issues that are putting buyers off, and can advise on what you should do to remedy them. I would suggest either of the following two companies:-

Allen & Harris, Ayr
Tel: 01292 866015

Black Hay Solicitors & Estate Agents, Ayrshire
Tel: 01292 866028

Please RATE