How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 68199
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our neighbour from hell and her ex-flatmate ruined my life,

Customer Question

Our neighbour from hell and her ex-flatmate ruined my life, marriage and put me on anti-anxiety meds for four years now. We took her to CCJ and won for unpaid sums, then to LVT and the decision was in our favour. She has called the police trying to get my husband arrested or confronting her about breaches. Now with her boyfriend moving in, butter wouldnt melt in her mouth. She has tried calling RSPCA to report my dogs, council to complain about them. I want to sue her. We have log enties the police asked us to keep over the years, audio, video recording, cctv put up. She has been a nuisance. How do i go about it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What are you hoping to sue for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Compensation and buy her out. I forgot - the two girls got harassment prevention orders against us. We got one for neighbour too. It has been tit for tat. I want her out.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Is she living in council accommodation ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we are in mid-terraced flats. Very posh well dressed woman but with psychological problems. We own freehold completely and our leasehold. She has the leasehold for her flat. We tried to implement the lease and she came down on us like a ton of bricks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information.

I'm afraid there is no prospect of getting her evicted. She is not a tenant. You cannot evict a home owner.

You could report her for harassment. It would be irresponsible of me to tell you that isn't a very high test but it can be done. The police are generally reluctant to bring prosecutions on this basis.

A much better option is to consider a civil action in harassment. You will find a very interesting article on the point here

Its much cheaper and has a lower standard of proof.

However, you will need to show there are at least two false reports although not necessarily both to the police - one to the police and one to your employer may be sufficient.

You should also bear in mind that you will have to be able to show the allegation is false. Its one thing to be able to show that nobody believed it and another to be able to show it is false.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 68199
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.
Jo C. and 3 other UK Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you so much for the advice and help. i will get on the job.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No problem.

All the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello again,


i dont know where to begin. would you happen to know anyone who can possibly guide me through the suing in county court for vexatious allegations? i am happy to pay. i need to know what i should start compiling.





Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
It depends where you are in the uk really.

You could try here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am based in london, nw10

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Both of those chambers would cover public access work in London.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Alex J.'s Avatar

    Alex J.


    Satisfied Customers:

    LPC, 2 Years Conveyancing
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Matt J's Avatar

    Matt J


    Satisfied Customers:

  • John Knox's Avatar

    John Knox


    Satisfied Customers:

    solicitor with 8 years experience
  • PortsmouthLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have been a solicitor, dealing with property law issues since 1981