Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

Letting agent asking tenant to sign prescribed information

Customer Question

Letting agent asking tenant to sign prescribed information after tenancy agreement has ended.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I moved out of the property about a month ago and I am in dispute with the landlord of amounts she wants to deduct from the deposit.

The deposit is protected by the DPS and as such a dispute has been raised, however I have only recently received a request from the letting agent asking me to sign the prescribed information form without putting a date on it (presumably because they are going to pre-date it). I know from research that this prescribed information should have been provided to me when the deposit was protected back in 2009.

Do I have any grounds for legal action regarding improper following of procedures?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

This probably isn't really my area I'm afraid if this is a question about deposit protection procedure but I'll pass this onto somebody who can help for you.

I think he's gone off now but I'm sure he will be back soon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will I receive a notification when I have been transferred to another expert?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I will chase him now for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - sorry to hassle you but I've still not heard anything from the other expert...

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Rachel, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,