Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

hello, I just received email from my ex tenant saying, I

hello, I just received email from my ex tenant saying,

I am seeking legal advise. Please can you not contact me or the guarantors until i get back to you on this matter

many thanks

Tenant partner has damaged my property and she or her guarantors are liable to pay for the damaged.

My question is she has no right sending me email saying that I can't ask her or her guarantors to pay for the damaged or court. I am correct here?
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Yes, you are correct. She has had forever and a day to take legal advice - which she will get for free as she is on benefits. If she hasn't done it then thats not your problem.

You are entitled to claim. She still clings to this idea that because she made a report to the police claiming to be a victim of abuse she isn't liable and what she will find out at court is that this will not longer assist her as an excuse. He was there at her invitation and so she is liable for damage caused by him.

Jo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thank you. I emailed her back saying,

Ok, but there no law that I am not allowed to take all three of you to court if you don"t pay for the damaged which you partner has caused in my property and I am very angry about this.

As soon as I find her new address I will write all three of them a letter and if they don't pay then court.

The neighbour told me her partner was there everyday.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If she going to have legal advice, her Solicitors can't stop me taking her to court, I am correct here?

No, as I said.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

No problem.

All the best.