Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

i need to take back possesion of a house i rent out after5

Customer Question

i need to take back possesion of a house i rent out after5 years.i need to move back in after my marriage break up,the current tennants have been great tenants and in that property for 5 years,how much notice do i need to give them,what writes do they have after being in there for so long,im presuming they would not want to move out willingly so im testing the water beforehand
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

To enable me to answer you fully, could you let me know what type of Tenancy they have (is it an Assured Shorthold Tenancy?) and how long is left on the Tenancy?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

You will see that my colleague has requested information from you. Are you able to reply so that my colleague can assist?

Kind regards,