Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I received a offer of rent from a Housing Association for 310

Customer Question

I received a offer of rent from a Housing Association for 310 pounds a month. The contract was for three years. I signed the contract in October 2009 and handed over the flat in November and left the country. In December the HA wrote to me saying they could not pay the rent agreed and offered me 240 pounds a months. I had taken loans out on the original offer to do works to my flat and had a mortgage to pay. I could not afford any delay in payments. I was in India and felt I had no option but to agree to the new contract. There were better offers on the market but it would have taken time to set them up. Is this undue influence?
Submitted: 3 years ago via InBrief.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.