Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Hi, i rent my home from a private landlord. We pay £1100 for

Customer Question

Hi, i rent my home from a private landlord. We pay £1100 for the house per month, the landlord does not reside on the property but he has kept the garden shed and a back room for his own use as storage. Can he do this? It means he enters the garden without notice whenever he feels like it. He leaves things in the garden that are a hazard to my younger childen like a motorcycle and large boxes of cleaning chemicals. Your opinion on hathis matter would be appreciated. T
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Are you upon an assured shorthold tenancy agreement please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972 my tenancy startedvoctober 2012 for a 6 month fixed term and then became a month on month rolling tenancy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks

Does that mean it was an assured shorthold agreement originally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972 yes an assured shorthold tenancy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks

And was it agreed at the outset that he would do this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972 no it wasnt agreed at the start. We were told that he would be keeping the back room as storage but if he needed access to it then he would notify us as entry is through the garden, however he has never given notice. Him keeping the shed was never mentioned and as that is also in the garden he doesnt give warning he is coming or that he is going to dump thinngs in the garden
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I hope im not having to pay for this again as iv had no answer at all yet to my question i submitted 45 mins ago