Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

HI, My landlord asking for a rent increase of 20% for a small

Customer Question

HI, My landlord asking for a rent increase of 20% for a small shop but I only offered to pay 6.7% (I have paid this amount backdated for the last six months).
However, she wrote back and said she want to stick to the original rise of 20%.
Similar properties ie, first floor flat and shop in the parade pay only £16500. and I will be paying £11220 and the tenant above is paying £7800 (total £19020).
I feel I already paying far more than I should.
My business is not doing that well due to the current economic climate.
How can I challenge my landlord. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 9 months ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this Legal topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had found your answer elsewhere or if you still needed assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No I have not found my answer anywhere else. Please... let me have an answer to my query.

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you, I am Okay, but sooner I get an answer is better because I want to finish the matter once and for all.

You're welcome. We'll continue our search.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 9 months ago.

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXXXXXX XXX the extended wait time.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I am still awaiting for the answer and will continue to wait before I write a letter the landlord.

Thank you

Thank you again for your patience, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Wendy

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

At this time, we can offer you two options. You can choose to either have us return your good faith deposit back to its original funding source OR you may keep your deposit in your JustAnswer account to use for a future question.

We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Thank you,
Wendy