Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

I live in a terrace house and an extension was built in 1974

Customer Question

I live in a terrace house and an extension was built in 1974 from the party wall line out 3.30 metres with a solid wall adjoining neighbours property 2.56m high.
My neighbour has a patio door within .50m of this wall and is 2.4 in height and width.
I have now demolished this building and want to erect a glass conservatory on the foundations but only to extend 3.00m from house the eaves will be 2.10m high and the total height to the ridge will be 2.80m.
My neighbour is saying that I will interfere with her right to light .As I have been told I need planning permission from Bournville Village Trust she is objecting to this permission.
The Triust surveyor keeps going on about the 45 degree rule any help would be appreciated.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.