Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

I would like clarification of a use class please. My client

I would like clarification of a use class please. My client uses a small part of a car park serving a horticultural holding for 'the parking of vehicles, caravans, boats and horse trailers' (nine spaces total for which he charges a fee to the users). The LPA accepted the above description in a retrospective planning application but added (without consultation): (B8 storage and distribution) to it.
Please note that the parking of trailers etc by the users is transient (they come and go) and there is certainly no 'distribution'
The Officers recommended approval to the application but it was refused by the Committee and is now the subject of an enforcement notice the alleged breach in the Notice being: 'change of use of land from agricultural use to land used for B8 storage and distribution'.
I would appreciate you view on whether the use clearly is a B8 use or maybe sui generis?