Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi, My best friend is from England but works with me in

My best friend is from England but works with me in Abu Dhabi. Last summer she wanted to buy a house in England, but was told because she had no credit, she was denied. She took out a credit card and has been using it and paying it off. This summer she want back to the uk and was told the same thing. She has good money for a down payment. Can you suggest anything to help her qualify for a mortgage?

Does she have any other credit agreement?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She had a motrage about 15 years ago and a credit card since December of 2012. Other than that, nothing recent.

I will answer in ten mins

The problem is that she does not have a substantial credit record in the UK. This is a problem for many lenders as they insist on a good and verifiable record over time.

The best advice that I can give is for her to speak with a financial adviser registered with the Financial Services Authority here in the UK to explain her situation to them. They will be better aware of the requirements of individual lenders.

If they cannot recommend a mortgage lender straight away then they will be able to tell her the quickest way of building up a credit record which is sufficient for some of the lenders that do not have very strict requirements in this regard.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question

Kind regards