Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

Can a solicitor act for both a residents management company

Customer Question

Can a solicitor act for both a residents management company and their managing agent?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Provided there is no conflict of interest between the interests of the management company and the managing agent, there is strictly speaking no reason why a solicitor cannot act for both parties. In law, it is only where there is a conflict between the interests of two parties that a solicitor is prohibited from acting for both. So long as the interests fo the residents' management company and their managing agent are aligned, there is no difficulty with the solicitor acting for both. If you want to provide further details of a particular factual situation, I will be happy to help you further.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid