Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We are named as a Guarantor on an Enterprise Inns Commercial

Customer Question

We are named as a Guarantor on an Enterprise Inns Commercial Lease, the lease is in a company name which we are not listed as directors. If the leaseholder defaults on the contract lease and falls into debt, are we responsible in the first instance or will the company, Enterprise Inns, try and recover loss of funds from the leaseholder first, and if not successful will they then pursue us as the guarantors?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Thanks for your interest in me but this isn't really my area.

I will pass this onto somebody who can help.

All the best

Jo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Will your colleague contact me separately?

Kind regards.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

My colleague has asked me to look at this for you.

Have you signed a deed of guarantee please? If so was this witnessed do you recall? Does it guarantee all obligations of the tenant or is there a limiting clause which restricts the extent of your liability?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, no we signed a document titled 'License to Assign' yes it has a witness signature on the document. I am not sure if it states that we guarantee the obligations of the tenant. I do not think it has limitations. It is quite a brief document.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. Do you want to copy and paste the wording or upload a copy of the document or do you prefer I respond without sight of the document?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can email it to you, I do not know how to upload it on this wb page. Are u able to provide an email address. If not, please let me know how I can upload to you. Thank you.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
You can use the paperclip icon to upload a pdf or image file. Unfortunately the system automatically blocks posting email addresses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am having real problems attaching the document for you to review. I am receiving the following message:-=

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.justanswer.com/uk-property-law/7tdm8-named-guarantor-enterprise-inns-commercial.html" on this server.

Reference #18.7a9fc3e.1371161650.cb6044

Any ideas?

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Sorry you are having difficulties. I will ask customer services to assist you. They should be in touch within a few hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.