wingrovebuyer
wingrovebuyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a property solicitor specialising in English Property Law, mines and minerals, sporting rights and rural property.
22732369

Hi I am buying a leasehold apartment and was shown my parking

Customer Question

Hi I am buying a leasehold apartment and was shown my parking space ,I have now been told that was a mistake and given a space very unsuitable with three properties access coming down to my car and also in front of a gateway which is a right away , .It is a new build and I am the last to buy but the developers will not even discuss trying to find a solution. V .lelo
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 3 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. Have you exchanged contracts yet?
JACUSTOMER-myl3f5ns- :

no haven`nt exchanged contracts or signed anything .

wingrovebuyer : Have you not paid a reservation fee at all? I'm afraid that if you've not signed anything en you have no agreement with the developer yet, so they can change the parking space as they see fit because there's no enforceable agreement with you yet. Your options are therefore to proceed on the basis of th new offer, try to argue further, or walk away.