Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

My wife signed an ast agreement in 2008 whilst she is stated

Customer Question

My wife signed an ast agreement in 2008 whilst she is stated as the tenant there is a clause which states the property can only be occupied by a Mr & Mrs S who have occupied and maintained the property as per the landlords instructions I have paid the rent from the outsett who would the law define are the true tenants ! Regards David.

Submitted: 3 years ago via Tenancy Agreement Service.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

What is the poroblem with this? She is the tenant as she is the named tenant. You have no liability