Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Can a break clause be before 6 months in an assured shorthold

Customer Question

Can a break clause be before 6 months in an assured shorthold tenancy agreement that is for a year.
Submitted: 3 years ago via Tenancy Agreement Service.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We entered into an assured shorthold tenancy agreement for a year starting from 15 Feb 2013 , they added a break clause write at the bottom of the contract under special conditions which is worded as follows Special condition: 12 month contract with a two month breakclause commencing after the first four months. Two month notice must be given in writing and run concurrent with the tenancy date. 'stupidly' I thought it meant I we wanted to get out of the contract. the Agent never mentioned this to us it was just put in the agreement as I have described.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Where is my answer? I have waited 15 minutes and it said open answer, I have clicked it and it came to this page, asking if I am satisfied with my non existed answer !!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
FOR JOMO1972 I have not received your reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Been waiting an hour for a simple answer to a simple question, I know it's not complicated ! Getting really fed up now, will complain and have my money back!
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Wendy