Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

Im an owner of a commercial property and also the tenant.

Customer Question

I'm an owner of a commercial property and also the tenant. I need to make some repairs to a side wall as owners not as the company, do I need to provide risk assessments and method statements for the developer who is building on the side where I need to gain access to my wall?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
There is no legal requirement to do so but it it is good practice. If you need their consent for access, they can make it a condition and you will have to do it.

Does that answer the question?

Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you want to hear).
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. I
t doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When you say there is no legal requirement why do you mean? If the tenants were responsible for the repairs to the external wall would the tenants have a legal responsibilities as employers to provide risk assessments and method statements?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
What has being an employer got to do with it based on these facts? There appear to a big chunk of facts missing.
Please also explain then, how you are landlord and tenant. I am going to need full detailed background please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am both The owner of the building and the tenant as I am the director of the company that works in the building, the building does not belong to the company. The building maintenance is the responsibility of the owner and not the tenant.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
To be honest I dont actually know what you are asking so will opt out. You asked about a risk assesmnt which I have answered but there appears to be some underlying issue which I am not privy to.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry but you decided to opt out and therefore I felt the Answer I received was not satisfactory.