Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have recently bought a property which has had an Improvemnet

Customer Question

I have recently bought a property which has had an Improvemnet Notice served on the previous landlord (October 2012). The house has my cousin (71years) and his son (41 years) living in it as assured tenants having lived there for over 40 years. Both men have special needs including hoarding. The previous landlord refused to do any repairs as he basically wanted them out. I bought the house to help them and I am now in the process of trying to clear an enormous amount of stuff. Some of it to go into storage the rest put in skips. The house internally is pure squalor with vermin present in eac room. It is filthy and totally unhygienic to live in. I have nearly spent £1000 in skips alone and will have to pay out nearly £30000 to refurbish the house to appropriate living standards. They are under Social Services and I cannot understand why they were allowed to live like this in these appalling conditions. My biggest fear is that they will be allowed to move back in and just wreck the property. Where do I stand with not wanting them to return and remain in social housing with support? Thanks Sue
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fran

thank you for your response. It is a complicated question. Is it possible to cancel the question for me at this point? I will try to contact Social Services again and see if that will help to make the situation less complicated? Do you refund my deposit immediately back on to my card?

Many thanks

Sue Haggett

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fran

I will be going offline very shortly so would be grateful if you could confirm I will be receiving my £22 deposit back asap?

Many thanks

Sue Haggett