Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

Hi, I am buying a terraced house in London which has a separate

Hi, I am buying a terraced house in London which has a separate private garage. There is planning permission to build a one bedroom house on the garage. I would like to build the new house on the garage and separate the two properties. What is the best procedure for splitting the title deed ?
Regards, Sean

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today.

You will need planning consent obviously and any lenders consent.

When you come to sell one property it is done as a sale of part.

It is a straightforward process done by any conveyancng solicitor. You will need land registry compliant plan.

If there is no need to create easements for access and services etc, it will costs little more than a normal sale.

No need to split it until then unless you want an extra bill earlier.

Does that answer the question?

Can I help further?

Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you want to hear).
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. It doesn’t give me “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.